Tuesday, May 15, 2012

blooming purple

I don't know what you purplish flowers are called, but you show up this time of year, when everything is just becoming all lush green and nearly summery, and you make me smile.  I certainly go out of my way to travel the roads whose sides you frequent. 

  
These photos were taken on a detour off my favorite route between Berks Co. and Lehigh Co.


Last weekend a family member confided that she had pulled over one day that week and surreptitiously pulled some of these beauties up by their roots in order to plant them in her yard.  Awesome.

 

I dream of living in a place where these grow abundantly, so that I can cut fresh flowers every morning to put in a clear glass jar on my kitchen table.

2 comments:

  1. Dame's Rocket, I think. Naturally, they make me sneeze. I found this out a few years ago when I cut them for our table and couldn't stop sneezing.

    Glad to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! Sneeze? No! They're so pretty. I'm sure that's just what you said!

      Delete